GetFTR is a service that discovery tools and scholarly collaboration networks can use to streamline user access to published research, whether subscription, free or open access content.
We are actively encouraging and inviting publishers and integration partners to participate in GetFTR to maximize its benefits for the research community.
For publishers, it has the potential to increase readership by speeding up and simplifying authentication, reducing complexity by offering a familiar and consistent experience for users that works across multiple publishers.
Our key terms for participating publishers are:
- Must link entitled users directly to the full text.
- May provide links to alternative versions for non-entitled users.
- May opt out for certain integrators.
- Must respect copyright law and abide by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) ethics standards.
- Must adhere to technical specs and meet performance guidelines.
The full Publisher Terms v1.1 document is available here.
GetFTR is a service that discovery tools and collaboration networks can use to streamline user access to published research, whether subscription, free or open access content.
Providers of discovery tools, scholarly collaboration networks or other similar services are jointly referred to as GetFTR “integrators”.
We are actively encouraging and inviting integrators to incorporate GetFTR in their systems and services, to realise its benefits for the research community.
- Must link to the Version of Record (VoR), when a link is provided.
- Must respect copyright law, as implemented.
- Must adhere to branding guidelines.
- Must adhere to technical specifications.
- Must not store, aggregate or use entitlement data.
The full Integrator Terms v1.1 document is available.here